Easy to refer to and read guide on how to play connect 4. We summarise the Connect 4 rules to provide you with easy online references to the game objectives and directions.
Players: 2 to 2 | Game duration from: 5 mins | Game Complexity:
Play Connect 4 online
|Connect 4 Strategy Board Game for Ages 6 and Up (Amazon Exclusive)||$13.99||Buy on Amazon|
What is the goal?
Connect 4 checkers in a row horizontally, vertically or diagonally first
- Assemble the bars and grid together along with sliding the lever under the grid so checkers can’t fall out.
- One player takes all the checkers of a single colour.
- The other player takes all the checkers of the other colour.
- Players decide who begins.
- Players alternate between turns in playing a checker.
- On your turn, drop a checker down any slot on the grid and play alternates until one player gets four checkers in a row.
How to Win
Be the first to connect 4 checkers in a row horizontally, vertically or diagonally.
Connect 4 Rules FAQs
What is key to winning Connect 4?
Key to winning is to anticipate your opponent’s moves, keep your positions in the middle, keep an eye out for game winning spaces, do not play directly below game ending spaces and much more. Check out our Connect 4 Winning Strategies article.
How to Play Codenames and Review Videos
Related Board Games and Expansions
|Czech Games Codenames: Duet - The Two Player Word Deduction Game||$24.95 $15.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Lark & Clam Codenames Deep Undercover 2.0 - Game Night Party Board Game for Adults, Limited Edition||1,243 Reviews||$26.00 $19.97||Buy on Amazon|
|Codenames The Simpsons Edition | Featuring Artwork from Your Favorite Simpsons Seasons | Officially...||117 Reviews||$50.14||Buy on Amazon|
No products found.
|Codenames Disney Family Edition | Best Family Board Game, Great Game for All Ages | Featuring Disney...||3,285 Reviews||$24.97||Buy on Amazon|