How to Play Tenzi Rules
Our How to Play Tenzi provides a summary of the key rules and instructions to get your dice started quickly.
Players: 2 to 4 | Game duration from: 1 mins | Game Complexity: EASY
|TENZI Party Pack Dice Game – A Fun, Fast Frenzy for The Whole Family – 6 Sets of 10 Colored Dice…
|Buy on Amazon
What is the goal?
Be the first player to roll and match all of your ten dice.
Tenzi Gameplay in Simple Steps
Before the start
- Each of you chooses a set of 10 dice and holds them in your hands.
- Randomly select one of you to say “Go”
Roll the dice and select your target number
- Once “Go” is yelled, all of you roll at the same time
- Look at your roll and select which number you aiming for.
(You should go for the number that you have more of)
- Set aside the dice that have your selected number
Continue rolling and targeting your number
- Quickly roll the remaining dice again. (There’s no need to wait for others)
- Keep rolling and setting aside dice that show your target number
How do you win?
- Be the quickest player to set aside all of your 10 dice and shout “Tenzi”.
Variant Tenzi Game Rules
Play Tenzi in different ways by using these variant rules.
Tower of Tenzi
Instead of setting aside your rolled dice, stack them on top of each other. The first player to stack all ten dice and shout “TENZI” wins!
Are you a speed demon in scoring all 10 matching dice? That’s what Rapid Tenzi is all about. You compete to score the quickest time.
Over 40 seconds – Noob
30 – 40 seconds – Trainee
20 – 30 seconds – Seasoned Roller
10 – 20 seconds – Dice Guru
Under 10 seconds…..TENZI Master
Split into TENZI teams:
Play in teams and align all your team’s dice on one number. You can also try a variant where each team member goes for a different number!
Instead of matching 10 dice, double the challenge by increasing the target to 20 matching dice.
If another player rolls your target number, steal their dice and give them an equal number of yours. No stealing on the first roll or from players going for the same number as you!