Cluedo is a:
- 2 to 6 player game
- recommended for ages 8+ (depends on your comfort of exposing a murder theme to younger kids)
- game length approximately 40 minutes
Cluedo is a murder mystery board game where players take the role of detectives and attempt to solve a murder in a mansion. There are 6 suspects, 6 weapons in the 9 room mansion and players need to find out 3 things:
- Who did it?
- What was the weapon used?
- Where did they do it?
Cluedo is easy to set up and you can get into the game fairly quickly. The rules are not complex. The mechanics of the game are based on deduction. Players take turns during the game, moving to different points on the game board to ask questions about the murder and crossing off their clue list. After numerous rounds of questioning, they then attempt to identify the murderer, place of murder and weapon used.
The game is fun for the family and light-hearted. It teaches kids about the deduction. However, some parents might be concerned about the Murder theme. One thing to note is that the game is best played with 4 players. However, there are variations to the rules for 2 players.
- simple to learn
- kids learn about deduction process
- encourages interaction between players
- murder theme and parents may not want to expose their kids
- best played if you have 3-4 people
- not much depth in the game – deduction process is a simple question and answer process
Clue - The Classic Mystery Board Game from Hasbro
Today TTPM is reviewing Clue - The Classic Mystery Board Game from Hasbro. From Hasbro we have the classic board game Clue with one very significant ...
|Recommended Age and above||8|
|Estimated Game Time||40 min|
|Min number of players||2|
|Max number of players||6|