Exploding Kittens How to Play Guide
2 -5 players
Age: 8 +
Table of Contents
What is the goal?
Exploding Kittens is a card game, where:
- deck of cards is placed face down
- players take turns drawing cards until someone draws an exploding kitten
- that person explodes and is dead and out of the game
- the game continues until the last person who does not explode wins
- Remove the 4 Exploding Kitten cards and set aside
- Remove Defuse Cards (6) and deal 1 to each player
- Insert extra Defuse Cards back into the deck
- Shuffle deck and deal 7 cards to each player. Each player has 8 cards.
- Insert Exploding Kitten cards back into the deck (insert 1 fewer than the number of players)
- Shuffle deck and put face down on table
- Select a player to start
- Player looks at his/her 8 cards and can do the following:
- Pass: play no cards or
- Play a card:
- place a card face-up on the discard pile
- follow card instructions
- Player can decide if to play another card
Note: Cards with no instructions
- these cards must be collected and played as matching pairs
- when a pair of car cards are played, pick a player and steal a random card from them
2. End turn by drawing a card from Draw Pile. Play continues clockwise around the table.
How do you win?
Last player who hasn’t exploded wins the game.