How to Play Pop-O-Matic Trouble Board Game Rules Guide
2 -4 players
Age: 5 +
What is the goal?
Be the 1st player to move all 4 of your coloured pegs around the gameboard to your FINISH line. During the game, you will attempt to send your opponents’ pegs back to HOME.
- Each player gets 4 pegs of one colour and places them in the matching colour HOME.
- If 2 player game, each can play with 2 sets of pegs
- Each player pops the pop-o-matic die and the player with the highest number goes first
- Play proceeds to the player on the left
- Each turn comprises of popping the pop-o-matic die and moving their peg (if possible).
- If a player pops a 6, they get an additional pop and move.
Moving your pegs out of HOME
- Pop a number 6 to move one of your pegs out of HOME and into START on the playing track. If you do not pop a 6, your peg stays in HOME and you have to try again on the next turn.
- Once you pop roll a 6, move peg to START. Pop again (you get a free additional pop) and move peg in Start the number of spaces shown on the die.
Moving Pegs on the Playing Track
- When pop rolling the die, you can move your peg on the playing track the number of spaces shown on the die.
- Move Pegs clockwise around playing track and count each space whether it is empty or full.
- When you pop a 6, you can choose to move a new peg out to START, or move a peg already in the playing track.
Sending your opponent’s peg to HOME
- If your peg lands on a space occupied by an opponent’s peg, the opponent’s peg goe back to its HOME and needs to start all over again. Your peg now occupies this space.
- If you move your peg to START from HOME and an opponent’s peg is there, the opponent’s peg is sent back to HOME
You cannot land on your own pegs
- If your peg is on START and you pop 6, you cannot move another peg from HOME to START. You need to move the peg already on the playing track.
- Once a peg has moved once around the gameboard, it enters its matching colour FINISH line. A peg cannot go around the gameboard more than once.
- A peg can only enter FINISH if you MOVE IN THE DIRECTION of the Finish Line and pop the EXACT NUMBER to land on an empty FINISH LINE SPACE. If you can’t and you have no other pegs to move, the next player takes their turn.
- No player’s peg can move into another player’s FINISH LINE
- Pegs can move within a FINISH area only according to the directions of the arrows and by the exact die count.
How do you win?
1st player to move all their pegs around the gameboard into FINISH is the winner. Game continues to see who comes in 2nd and 3rd.