Find out how to play Avocado Smash. We summarise the Avocado Smash game rules to provide you with easy online references to the game objectives and instructions.
What is the goal?
What is Avocado Smash Game? It is a game that is like Snap and will test your reflexes and observation abilities. Be the first player to get rid of all your cards by switching and smashing your way through the game.
- Shuffle the deck
- Deal all of the cards face down, giving an equal amount of cards to each player.
- Youngest player begins the first round, with play moving in a clockwise direction.
Here are the gameplay rules to Avocado smash.
- Take the top card from your pile and place it face up in the centre.
- Once they have placed their top card on top of the centre card, the next player should do the same and so on.
- If both cards have the same number of avocados on them, it is a smash! Each player must smash down his hands. Last to react loses the round and adds all of the cards from the centre to his or her pile.
- Losing player begins the next round, placing their next card face up in the centre.
- The cards are split between any players who smash incorrectly at any point during the game.
Description of rules for Avocado Smash cards Counting Avocados, Change Direction, Smash and Guacamole are listed below.
- You must also count avocados aloud when turning over your card (the first player always begins with “one avocado”
- After saying “one avocado”, the next player must follow in sequence with “two avocados” etc. After players reach “15 avocados”, they return to “one” as they reveal the cards.
- A smash happens if a card matches the number said aloud on that turn. As before, each player’s hands are smashed down in the center, and the losing player takes the cards.
Change Direction Cards
- Immediately change direction when you reveal this card. The change is valid until the end of the round or another change direction card is revealed.
- It is also a smash when you reveal tow Change Direction cards in a row.
Smash and Guacamole Cards
- A smash card = automatic smash
- If you reveal a Guacamole Card, all players must shout “Guacamole!” and the last player to react loses the round. However if someone smashes their hand in the centre during a Guacamole Card, they are the loser of that round, regardless of who shouted last.
Advanced Rules to Avocado Smash (for Grown Ups)
- After you change directions, players immediately start counting backwards; e.g., the player after you place a card must then say “seven avocados” if you reveal the card at eight. Players count down to “one avocado” before returning to “15 avocados” and so forth.
- In a “double smash” situation, if there are two reasons for a smash at any one time, these cancel each other out, and play continues. Anyone who smashes their hand down in error loses the round.
How to Win?
The first player to run out of cards is the winner but only if they survive the next smash!
If two people run out of cards, the first to smash correctly wins