Learn how to play Fortnite Monopoly rules.
Players: 2 to 7 | Game duration from: 120 mins | Game Complexity: EASY How to play Monopoly: Fortnite rules in simple steps Monopoly: Fortnite rules pdf / rulebook
|Monopoly: Fortnite Edition Board Game Inspired by Fortnite Video Game Ages 13 and Up
|Buy on Amazon
What is the goal of Fortnite Monopoly?
The goal of Fortnite Monopoly is to make your way around the board while claiming locations, combating your opponents, and avoiding the Storm. Ultimately, the last player standing wins.
Fortnite Monopoly Game Setup
- Each player starts with 15hp tokens and an outfit that needs to be punched out
- Chest cards, storm cards, and remaining hp tokens go to the board center
- Place the location cards next to their matching board spaces
- Set Up a wall card pile outside the board.
- Apply the labels provided to each side of the action die
- Roll the numbered die with the highest roller choosing where to place their character on the board (you cannot perform the action of your starting space). That player goes first and play continues to the left.
Step-by-step How to Play Fortnite Monopoly Rules
Step by Step Fortnite Monopoly Rules covering gameplay, action die, board spaces, storm cards and Monopoly Fortnite walls. Randomly select a player to go first. Play continues to the left. The goal of Fortnite Monopoly is to make your way around the board while claiming locations, combating your opponents, and avoiding the Storm. Ultimately, the last player standing wins.
On your turn, roll numbered and action die
Roll both the numbered and action dice and do the following in any order.
The number rolled determines how far your character moves forward (moves to the left). Once you have moved, taken your action and followed the board space rules, the next player takes their turn.
Follow board rules for space that you land
Follow the board rules for that space. The types of board spaces are: Unclaimed locations, Colour sets, Claimed locations, Locations taken by the storm, Go, Free Parking, Campfire, Spike Trap, Loot Chests, Just Visiting and Go to Jail.
Apply the action on rolled action die
Apply the action on your action die. The different type of actions are: Bandages, Crosshair, Boogie Bomb and Brick.
Reach a space with a Monopoly Fortnite Wall
Any time you reach a space with a wall, regardless of who placed it there, you must stop and carry out the action in that space. Afterwards, discard the wall.
On a space with a wall, you cannot be harmed by any action die or loot chest item attack. You can remove a wall simply by reaching it or by attacking it with any action die or loot chest item, in the same way that you would attack another player.
Draw Storm cards if you pass or land on GO
If you pass or land on GO, after your turn ends, draw the top Storm card, which indicates which space is being taken by the Storm.
If a location is being taken by the Storm, the card will instruct you to place the location card Storm-side up on that location.
Upon landing on a location taken by the Storm, you must pay to the Bank the number of HP shown on the card. If you land on any other board space taken by the Storm, you must pay 2 HP to the Bank.
The action of a space cannot be carried out if it has been taken by the Storm.
Once placed, the Storm Card cannot be moved.
When the Storm takes a space while you’re on it, you do not lose 2 HP.
Running out of HP
When out of HP, take your character off the board.
If you have loot chest items, place them on the spot where you last lost HP. The person who passes or lands on that spot picks them up!
If you have location cards, place them on their matching board spaces, Storm-side up. They’ve been taken by the Storm!
Winning Fortnite Monopoly
Be the last one standing and win!
Types of Actions on Action Die
gain 2 HP from the Bank (you can never have more than 15 HP)
- choose a player within your line of sight to pay 1 HP to the Bank.
- Players who are on the same side of the board as you are in your line of sight. Thus, you have a line of sight to two sides of the board when you are in a corner space. The crosshair action can be modified by loot chests.
All players lose 1 HP and all walls are destroyed. Those walls that are removed from the board are placed in the wall card pile.
If you roll a brick, move and complete the action of that space. You then place a wall on any empty space in your path.
Types of Board Spaces
If you land on an area that has not been claimed by anyone or taken by the storm, you can claim it for free. You do not have to pay anything. Simply take your location card.
Locations have different colour sets. If you have claimed both locations of a colour set, upon landing on one of these locations gain 2 hp.
If you land on a location claimed by another player, pay the number of hp shown on the board to the bank
Locations taken by the storm
Landing on a location taken by the storm means you have to pay the bank the number of hp shows on the storm side of a location.
If you land or pass go, collect 2hp and turn over a storm card at the end of your turn
Landing on a campfire gives you 1hp.
Landing on a spike trap means you have to pay 1hp.
- If you land on this space, draw a loot chest card.
- There are two types of loot chest card items:
- those that you keep and will affect you for the rest of the game, and
- those that are for one-time use.
- It is possible to use more than one item per turn, and some items can be combined in powerful ways. One-time use cards may be kept until you are ready to use them, but can only be used on your turn. Place the one-time use card at the bottom of the loot chest deck after using it.
- If you draw a health item but already have the maximum 15 HP, you may keep it and use it later.
If you land here, put your character on the just visiting space
Go to Jail
When you land on this space, move your character immediately to jail. However, if the space has been taken by the storm, you lose 2hp but you don’t go to jail.
Draw a storm card and cover the appropriate space. Do not collect 2hp for passing Go. In jail, players may still attack you.
How to get out of Jail
To get out, you can either pay 2hp before you roll or roll the numbered die and get a 6. If you fail to roll 6, your turn ends and after your second attempt, you may leave Jail for free and roll both dice normally on your next turn.
If the Jail space has been taken by the Storm while you are still in it, you do not lose hp each turn. You only lose 2hp once. Along with this, you can get out of jail for free.