Pictionary How to Play Online Guide
Check out our easy to read how to play Pictionary online rules guide.
Game Summary, Video How to Plays, Reviews
Find out about Pictionary
Suitable for 3 – 16 players | 85 – 95 mins duration | Recommended age 12+ | Game complexity: EASY
Genre: Party Game Solo game mode: No Co-op: No
Online Version: No
|Pictionary Quick Drawing Board & Guessing Game for Family, Kids, Teens & Adults, with Dry Erase...||$21.99||Buy on Amazon|
What is the goal? #
The objective of Pictionary is to identify as many words as possible through sketched clues in order to advance to the Finish square and from there, correctly identify the final word.
Game setup #
- Divide the players into two teams of two or more. When you have a large group, you can divide into four teams, as long as each team has at least two players. It\’s a longer game, but just as fun!
- Teams pick a mover to place on the purple START space
- Set out the four card boxes: Creative Cat®, Word Worm®, Star Performer®, and Data Head®
- Set out the die, timer, and tub of Cranium Clay
- Give each team a notepad and pencil.
- Place the timer and card box in an area where all players can access them
- Remove the 4 category cards and use it as a reference throughout the game.
- Divide into equal teams of two to four.
- Each team will receive a pad, pencil, category card and playing piece.
- Place all playing pieces on the Start square on the board.
- Each team selects a picturist, who will sketch clues for the first word.
- Every team will then roll the die, with the highest roll selecting the first card.
- The first word that will be sketched is an All Play word and all teams are to participate (see All Play section) as all teams begin in the Start square.
Pictionary Categories #
There are five different categories in Pictionary. These relate to the coloured squares on the board.
Blue: Person/Place/Animal (Names are included)
Green: Difficult (Challenging words)
Red: Miscellaneous (Any type of words)
How do you win? #
To win Pictionary, be the first team to land on the Finish Square and correctly guess the word. The word can be guessed on another team’s All Play word or on your team’s turn.