Learn how to play Kingdomino with easy to read rules
What is the goal?
- KingDomino is a 2-4 player game where you are a King who seeks to expand his land (represented by the dominoes)
- Players play a series of rounds
- Each round, players pick different patterns of dominoes and try to connect them in a 5 X 5 grid
- Players gain points by:
- planning and forming patterns and
- connecting key dominoes
- The player with the highest score wins
Table of Contents
Kingdomino Game setup involves the following:
- Assembling your 3D castles
- Setting up starting King Pieces and tiles
- Setting up Dominoes Drawing pile
Assemble 3D Castles
Setting up starting King Pieces and tiles
Setting up Dominoes Drawing pile
Overview of gameplay:
Each round involves the players doing the following:
- capture a piece of land/domino to add to their kingdom
- connect their new piece to their existing pieces in a 5X5 grid
- players continue each round till all the dominoes have been drawn
- When the rounds end, players will score their pieces based on how they have placed their land/dominoes
1. Take 1st 4 dominoes from the draw pile
2. Line up dominoes
- Line up vertically with terrain side down
- Arrange with numbers in ascending order (lowest number at the top)
- Flip over to expose terrain side
3. Players claim dominoes
- One player takes all 4 different coloured king pieces in hand
- Randomly pulls pieces one at a time
- Each King piece pulled indicates which player claims a domino
- Player claims dominoes by putting their King Piece on them
4. Select and line up 4 new dominoes
- Line up vertically, terrain side down, in ascending order, next to claimed dominoes
- Flip new dominoes over
After the starting round, subsequent rounds involve players taking the following actions:
- Add your claimed domino to your Kingdom
- You choose a new domino from the next line
- When all players have added their dominoes to their Kingdom, another 4 dominoes are drawn to form the next line
1. Add claimed domino to your Kingdom
2. Choose new domino from the next line
- Once your domino is added to your kingdom, select a domino from the next line
- Place King on top of domino to claim it
3. Draw another 4 dominoes
When all players added dominoes to their kingdom:
- Line up 4 dominoes vertically again, terrain side down, in ascending order
- Flip over to start a new round
- Use position in the line as new playing order
The player with highest points wins the game.
HOW ARE POINTS SCORED?
- A kingdom is composed of different PROPERTIES (groups of connected, either horizontally or vertically, squares of the same type of landscape).
- Each property’s points are determined by the NUMBER OF SQUARES multiplied with the NUMBER OF SPECIFIC CROWNS
- A property without a specific crown will give you no points.
- Each player will add the points,the result is their final score.
Kingdomino 2 Player Rules
- Each player takes 2 King Meeples, 1 starting tile and 1 castle
- Play with 24 randomly selected dominoes (half)
- During the round, players select 2 dominoes with their 2 King Meeples
- Order of 1st round is still random selection and order of subsequent rounds is determined by the order of kings in the line
Kingdomino 3 Player Rules
- Each player takes 1 King Meeple, 1 starting tile and 1 castle
- Play with 48 randomly selected dominoes
- Play as normal. Discard leftover domino every round.
Additional Game Variations
You can apply the following variations to make the game more challenging.