In the Risk board game, you compete with others to control the world with your military strength. You will need to deploy your armies across the world and plot to conquer and control continents.
Risk is a simple to learn war game which uses dice rolling to decide battles. Players control armies (depicted by army pieces) across the different territories around the world and strategise on who and where to attack. There are elements of strategy involved where players may need to make decisions on:
- where to attack (some locations provide strategic benefits)
- how often to attack (attack too much and you won’t have enough power to defend your existing territories
- where to move your armies (to position for your next attack or to defend against your enemies)
All this makes Risk an exciting but yet simple. However, there are some elements that players may not like. Games can be pretty long (est. 120 minutes). Once a player is eliminated, he/she needs to wait for the rest to get eliminated. Battle mechanics are simple and may not appeal to hardcore wargamers.
Should I Play?
- simple to learn
- strategic/tactical decision making
- nice-looking game components
- long game time
- eliminated players may need to wait a while for the game to end
- simple battle and random battle game mechanics
Risk Board Game Review
|Estimated Game Time||120 min|
|Min number of players||2|
|Max number of players||6|