Jenga How to Play Guide
2 + players
5 – 15 mins
Age: 6 +
Table of Contents
What is the goal?
The goal of Jenga is to successfully draw a block from the tower and place it back on the top without letting the tower fall.
- Use provided loading tray to create tower by stacking blocks in levels of three placed next to each other
- Remove the loading tray
- The person who stacked the tower goes first.
- On your turn:
- take one block from any level of the tower except the one below an incomplete level
- place it on the topmost level in order to complete it
- You may use only one hand at a time and either hand may be used.
- Only one hand may touch the tower at any time.
- You are allowed to tap a block to find a loose one. Any blocks that are moved but not played should be replaced unless it would make the tower fall.
- The turn ends when the next player touches the tower or after 10 seconds, depending on whatever occurs first.
- The game ends when the tower falls complete or if any block falls from the tower (other than the block a player moves on a turn).
- The loser is whose turn it was when the tower falls.
How do you win?
There are many tips and tricks to winning Jenga.
Take your time and try to remove centre bricks first. Push any blocks, don’t pull.