Irrational Game How to Play Guide
Check out our easy to read Irrational Game how to play online rules guide
What is the goal? #
The objective of Irrational Game is to be the first player to collect 5 question cards, one from each category or 7 cards from any category to win the game. Each card contains questions about human behaviour. Predict the behaviour correctly and you will be able to keep the card.
Game setup #
Place the Question Cards face side up in one pile.
Place the Power Cards back side up in another pile.
Leave room for a discard pile which will be used Power Cards.
On Your Turn #
- Draw a card from the Question Card pile.
- Read the question
- Try to predict the correct answer from the 4 multiple-choice options.
If You Predict The Correct Answer #
- Read the experiment’s takeaway on the back of the card and keep the card.
- If your Question Card has a bonus/best practice question, you may try to answer the question. By answering the question correctly, you earn a Power Card.
If You Miss The Correct Answer #
- Read the correct answer and the experiment\’s takeaway on the back of the card.
- Award the missed Question Card to the player with the fewest number of cards.
- It is now the next player\’s turn.
Power Cards: #
You are entitled to draw a Power Card at the end of your turn if your Question Card had a Power Card icon.
- You can use any of your Power Cards at the end of your turn.
- If you received a Power Card, you can use it in the same turn.
After you read the Question (but before answering it), you may use:
The Free Lunch #
Keep the card you drew, regardless of whether you answer the question.
Skip a Question
You can use this card to pass and move onto the next question if you don\’t want to answer the question on the card you drew. Your unanswered question will go to the pile of your wrong answered cards.
Trade a Card
Use this card to force another player to give you a card from a category in exchange for a card from a category you have. The \”forced\” player will be required to show their earned to cards to the current player so they can choose the card they want.
Steal a Card #
Force another player to give you a card from a category you need without anything in exchange. The \”forced\” player will be required to show their earned to cards to the current player so they can choose the card they want.
Block a Card #
Allows the player holding it to block the Power Card of another player if it is played against them.
How to Get a Power Card #
- Draw a Question Card that has a Power Card icon on it
- Draw a Question Card that has a bonus question and correctly answer it.
How do you win? #
Win by collecting 5 Question Cards, one from each category or 7 cards from any category.